11 February 2009

Untitled - Chapter 2

"What is it?" I asked, I was rather nervous now.
"I can't get into his mind," she said, kind of upset.
My mouth dropped, "is it like how it was with me?"
"Yeah, it feels the exact same, meaning he might have a talent. He may even have a chip. I don't know."
"Wow," was all I could say.
"So...I think you should try and find out as much as possible," she said and grinned.
"Uh, but I am not good at that nosy stuff, that's you specialty."
She laughed, "yeah, but just act normal, ask regular friendly things, go have a coffee," my eyes widened, "yeah you didn't think I heard that did you, but I won't say anything to Robert. He gets jealous really easily.
I nodded.
Crap, what did I just get myself into.

I sat in my room thinking of things to ask Kieron, until I had to go to my English class.

I left 10 'til noon, unfortunately Lydia and I did not have this class together.
When I got there, almost all the seats were taken, since I was in a small class, there was only about 30 of us in there. But I managed to find a seat near the back.
Class was just about to start, when guess who burst in; Kieron.
Geez, it is like he is stalking me.
The only empty seat was next to me. Of course.
His face lit up when he saw me.
Crap.
"Do you need a pen?" I asked trying to be polite, since he asked earlier.
He shook his head, "when I went back to my dorm, I found one, but thanks anyway."

When class ended he ran up to me, "well that is so crazy, us having another class together."
"Yeah, so crazy," I tried not to sound so harsh, but it did come out rather mockingly.
His face fell...again.
Geez, "do you want to go get a coffee now?" I asked trying to do what Lydia told me.
"Sure," and he lit back up.

We went to the coffee shop on campus and grabbed a table outside.
"So are you from Texas?" I asked.
"No, I was born in Seattle and lived there my whole life, but I wanted something different, so that's why I chose Austin. What about you?"
"I was born in Norfolk, Connecticut, but I have lived in so many different places. I moved to Austin a year ago from Portland and I decided to stay and go to school here."
Our conversation was other stuff like this for about an hour, talking about our majors and things. All I knew was he was a sophomore, 20 years old and was a Philosophy major. This didn't help me too much, but then we got into our family.
"Well I was adopted, my parents were killed when I was almost 2, so this couple decided to take me in," he said as if it was nothing.
Well maybe he did have a talent and got it when he was young, that same type of things happened to both Robert and Lydia.
Hm...
"I'm sorry about that," I said truly.
"It's alright, it doesn't bother me anymore. Except when I see my 'parents' I am disgusted," he mumbled the last bit.
I gave him a questioning look.
"It's a long story and besides you wouldn't believe me."
I smiled at that, "try me."
Then his mobile phone beeped; it was a text.
"Uh...sorry Sara, but I have to go. Maybe another time?"
I nodded and he ran off.
Hm...















No comments:

Post a Comment