06 January 2009

Brand New Day - Chapter 10

Chapter 10:

GET OUT NOW!
HEAD WEST INTO THE FOREST
DON'T LOOK BACK!

What! Who is this note from and why are they telling me this? Is this a trap?
I was so lost and confused, but I went with my gut and ran for it. I had to sneak past a few guards, but I managed. They don't keep the place well guarded, but how many try to escape?

I headed west and was darting past tree after tree, not knowing when to stop, but I couldn't. Adrenaline was pumping through my body, totally freaked on what lay ahead.

Right now, the board was deciding my fate. Did that matter anymore? What if, when they go to my room and see I am gone, will they search after me? Tell my parents I ran way, let them deal with me, and then have the Institute terminate me? I couldn't really give much thought to the consequences. I just kept running.

It felt like I had been running for hours and still no sign of any hint of who wrote the note and why. What if this is some trick hatched up by Lydia?
I cleared my head, "keep running" I thought.

Suddenly the trees opened to a meadow; in the middle was a chair. (Weird), with what do you know, a box resting on it.
Hm...
My stomach was in knots with nerves, I was exhausted from running and my head hurt more than ever.

I slowly opened the box. Of course, it was just another note. Relief washed over me.

GOOD, NOW JUST HEAD NORTH TO A COFFEE SHOP ON THE CORNER OF BLANCO AND WEST ST. I WILL BE IN THE GREEN SHIRT.

What kind of wild goose chase was I on? I was starting to regret this decision, I should have stayed at The Facility. But I couldn't turn back now, I had to know who this was.

Blanco and West st., it looked as though the town was deserted. Where was I? It didn't feel like I was that far from Austin, but I had no idea anymore. I saw the coffee shop. Should I do this? Yes, I have to. I braced myself for who I may meet.

Luckily there were only two people in the shop, the worker and the person I was supposed to meet and like they said, they were wearing a green shirt. I headed to the table.
I gasped, almost fainted when I saw who was staring back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment