10 January 2009

Brand New Day - Chapter 18

Part VIII

Chapter 18:

“Sara, please open your eyes. Move something, anything,” I whispered in her ear.

She was breathing, but she’d been unconscious for 3 whole days. Was she in some sort of coma? What did they do to her?

“Sara,” I begged, “please.”

“Robert I think we need to take her to a hospital,” Lydia said.

I knew she was right, but I was too paranoid to take her out of the safety of this little shack Lydia and I found. I had barely gotten her out the headquarters. Luckily Lydia did what she did best, which of course was influence people and had been able to give me enough time to get away.


We hadn’t gone to the hospital, I think because Lydia knew I was uneasy about leaving. It had been a few more hours since she suggested it.

And then I felt Sara’s finger wriggle under mine.

“Sara!” I gasped out.

Her eyes were fluttering.

“Sara, can you hear me?” I was freaking out.

“Uh…,” she moaned.

“Oh my gosh, Lydia get some water,” I said as she ran out to the car.

“Say something Sara, please.”

“R…Ro…Robert?” she questioned in a really raspy voice.

“Oh thank god, yeah it’s me,” I reassured her.

“Here’s the water,” Lydia handed me a bottle.

“Thank you…here drink Sara, you are dehydrated.”

She slowly lifted her body up, with Lydia and my help. She couldn’t grasp the bottle so I had to pour it into her mouth. She downed the bottle in seconds.

I felt as though I was about to cry again. I thought I had gotten to her too late.

“What happened?” She mumbled.

“Just crazy scientists trying to control your mind, what’s new,” I joked.

She chuckled out a small laugh.

Lydia had left the room to give us some time alone.

“I am so glad you are alright, I was so worried,” I said.

“No one can take my mind,” she giggled. We laughed together, she still had her humor.

I felt tears coming down my face.

Uh, again. I had become so emotional these past few days. I saw tears on her face as well. I brushed them away lightly and kissed her on her forehead.

“I love you so much Sara,” I whispered.

No comments:

Post a Comment