31 January 2009

Brand New Day - Chapter 40: Epilogue

Part XX

Chapter 40:



It was August.
About 7 months ago I was being dragged though the woods, about to be taken to my favorite State, to be experimented on and controlled.
Now here I was about to start University tomorrow and I was scared out of my mind.
Robert, Lydia, Doug, Greg, and I all got an apartment together. We figured we all had been through so much together, it seemed only fitting. Besides now Doug and Lydia were dating. I felt bad for Greg though, he was stuck as the 5th wheel between us. But he would find someone someday.

Tomorrow, Robert would start his job at the rec. center. He would be helping people who had been upgraded and some who still had their talents, adjust to life now. It was like Recovering Upgraders. (Obviously not the actual name, but I thought it was funny.)
Lydia would be going to St. Edwards University with me here in Austin.
Greg and Doug were going to be working in a garage working on cars of course. They didn't need to go to school, since they were 22, they already graduated with degrees.


Everything felt just too good. These past few months were great, nothing had gone wrong, but I could feel something. Like it wasn't over yet.
I had been thinking about AMICAL.
I still don't know what it is, but I know they were a part of the R.F.I. in their plan. And I wondered if they were still out there. I had asked Robert one day, but he told me the Police probably shut them down as well. But the key word was "probably." How did we know it was all over? What if they were just planning a bigger attack?
I always tried to block these thoughts out.
I hated thinking like that, but I couldn't help it.



Robert and I went and took a walk around Town Lake. The sun was just about to set. It was beautiful, all sorts of colors filled the sky. Robert had a look on his face, like he was trying to take it in and remember this moment forever.
We walked the whole trail in about an hour, not really saying much. Just asking questions like, "are you excited for tomorrow," and things like that. But I didn't mind, this moment was perfect and one I did want to keep forever.


Right before we got into his car, he walked around to my side and pulled me in for an extremely passionate kiss. More than what was necessary, but of course I didn't mind.
It was like we were kissing for the last time, like it was our last day on Earth.
But I suppose tomorrow will be the start of a brand new day.




A/N: So that is the end, any questions, comments or concerns? Just so you all know, I will be working on a sequel, but I don't know when that will start to be posted. Because right now I need a break, but I will of course keep you updated. :D









2 comments:

  1. WOW! i can't believe you wrote something so good so fast! I dont know.. maybe i just get distracted easily :-/. Either way, that was amazing, and I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that truly was amaing
    i never would have seen it going down like that in the end
    you really out did yourself
    now i can't wit for your next book
    your biggest fan Kidde(Kid)

    ReplyDelete