12 January 2009

Brand New Day - Chapter 25

Chapter 25:


“Just tell me Robert, please,” I begged. He wasn’t going to tell me, but it was my future, so why couldn’t I know. Was it that bad?

He had taken me home last night, without any answers.

Now we were going to go and meet Jones at a café.

I wish I could’ve had all my senses when in the headquarters, so I could have seen him. But I just know his voice, but then again all my senses were kind of crap. I know he sounded young, but I didn’t know.

It was so frustrating.

“No, I don’t want you to have to think about anything.”

“Uh…it’s my future,” I grumbled.

“Well I am in charge of seeing and looking after it.”

“Whatever…” I sighed, I wasn’t going to win.

I’ll try again later.


“Hey Jones, how’s everything going man,” Robert went over and shook hands.

How lame.

I still couldn’t tell if it was him.

“Going good Robert, how ‘bout you,” Jones asked.

“Good, you know… oh this is my girlfriend Sara,” he said pointing to me.

I went up to him and shook his hand. He gripped it really tightly and with a menacing look, he said, “very nice to meet you, Sara.” The way he said it though, almost sounded sarcastic.

“Nice to meet you too,” I mumbled, not meeting his eyes.


He looked about 16, so maybe he was the guy? He wore gray sweatpants, a black plain shirt, with a jean jacket over it and a pair of black vans, (nothing special). He had pitched black hair, but he had semi-tan skin and hazel eyes. It looked as though every part of him was wrong, like it didn’t go together.


“So when was the last time you were at the R.F.I.?” Jones asked Robert.

“Uh…at the R.F.I.? When I was at the last meeting, well at the R.F.I. here anyways,” he stated.

“You went to another R.F.I.?”

“Yeah, headquarters in Portland.”

I wish I could stop him from talking, I felt like he was telling a secret that was only meant for Lydia, him and I.

“Wow, headquarters. Why were you there?”

“Long story,” good he wasn’t going to tell.

“I’ve got time,” he just kept pushing.

“It’s not important, maybe another time.”

Relief washed over me.


We were all about to head home, when Jones asked, “So what are you guys doing for New Years Eve?”

I really didn’t want to hang out with this dude.

“I don’t know, why?” Robert questioned.

“Well, me and some of my friends are throwing a party, we are gonna have fireworks and everything,” Jones announced.

Then Robert had a really weird look.

“Uh…you know… we actually have plans already.”

Phew.

“Seriously? Well the invite still stands, if you want to change your mind,” when he said the last bit, he looked directly at me.

It gave me chills.

“Okay,” Robert said quickly.


Robert and I were headed to my house, so he could drop me off.

“So how come we’re not going to that party?” I asked, curious to why he reacted the way he did earlier.

“Because,” and that was all he said.

“Because, why?” He wasn’t letting me in.

“Just cause, alright. Don’t worry about it.”

“You’re not letting me in at all; you can’t keep me in the dark all the time!” I shouted.

“Just drop it!” he was yelling too.

“No! I can’t. I can’t take this, if you don’t tell me.”

“No,” and that was it.

“You know what Robert; just leave me alone, alright. I don’t need you to look after me or my future.” I was really upset.

“Fine,” he didn’t even try and fight.


I went up to my room, thinking about it all. Why was he so secretive?

All I knew was right now our relationship was on hold.

And I had a really bad feeling about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment