10 January 2009

Brand New Day - Chapter 20

Part IX

Chapter 20:

“What happened?” mumbled Sara’s mom.

“Mom its okay,” she whispered.

I began trying to influence Mr. and Mrs. Tyler, trying to help them understand. I made them believe they were out of town for a month. Although it wouldn’t be perfect because of the fact of the whole no memories thing. But what else could I have done.


I left; Sara wanted to handle it on her own.

She thanked me for everything.

What else could I have done?

Well I had to.

I got in the car and headed to my death or I mean my house.


They were home.

They knew I would be here today, I just had that feeling.

Uh.

I stepped in through the door and I just thought, ‘here we go.’


“Well hello Lydia, where have you been this past month?” My mom said sarcastically.

Why did I call these people my parents? They make me and somehow it became a habit.

“Oh you know, here and there,” I said just trying to make her mad.

My dad stepped into view.

“We know what you did, you ran off with the Jeep, took Robert and some girl with you, and broke into the R.F.I.,” my dad yelled.

“Well some of that is true, I did not break into the R.F.I., it was Robert, but he kind of broke through it not so much into it, if that makes sense.”

“Do not lie to us!” he screamed.

“I’m not I swear.”

“Look the R.F.I. in Seattle called us saying you were breaking in,” my mom insisted.

“Well their lying,” I demanded.

“Lydia, go to your room, NOW!” my dad yelled.

“No, I am 18 years old; you two can’t tell me what to do. Besides you’re not even my real parents. So no, I will not go to my room,” man that felt awesome to say.

“You will do as your told,” he yelled, veins were beginning to pop out of the sides of his head.

Ew.


And then I was in my Jeep driving. I didn’t even bother grabbing my stuff. The minute he told me to do what he says, I just walked off, with a grin on my face. It felt so good to finally, really and truly get away from them.

Now where to go?

Sara’s? Maybe.

Or just keep driving? Nah, I was tired of the road.


I knocked on the door, Sara slowly opened the door.

“Hey Lydia, what’s up?” she asked.

“I was wondering if I could stay with you for a while. I kind of can’t go home.”

“Um…of course, come in. Did they kick you out?”

“No, I walked out. I couldn’t stand living with them,” so true.

“Oh, okay. Well you can stay here as long as you want. By the way, my parent’s pretty much believe what we told them. I don’t know why, but they don’t seem too freaked out,” she announced.

“Great and thank you.”

“No problem, it’s the least I could do for what all you did for me. “


So now I was living with Sara and on Monday, which was two days from now, we would all be going back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment