10 January 2009

Brand New Day - Chapter 19

Chapter 19:

“We need to go home Lydia,” I told her.

“I know, we will leave in the morning,” she said.

“I bet my parents are freaking out,” Sara added.

“Oh, it’s a good thing we are leaving,” Lydia interrupted.

“Why?” Sara questioned suspiciously.

“Well, because of what I did, so they wouldn’t freak out.”

“What did you do?” Sara had begun to raise her voice.

It was so good to have her back. It took about 5 days for her to get all her senses back. I mean she could already argue with Lydia.

It was a good sign.

“Well I had to give them this Pill that kind of gives memory loss for about 3 weeks. Wow, we will be cutting it close,” Lydia said as though it was no big deal.

Ha.

“YOU DRUGGED MY PARENTS!” Sara exploded.

“What did you want me to do,” Lydia was beginning to raise her voice as well.

Here we go.

Uh. Their arguments are so boring.

I decided to go for a walk.


It was beautiful in Oregon, just as Sara had told me before we came.

The sun was beginning to set; it made the sky look orange with splashes of pink and red.

Amazing.

I took a deep breath to take in this moment. Right now everything was good, it felt like for the first time everything was right. Sara and I are doing great, (near death experiences really bring you closer together).

The Earth looked beautiful from this point and soon we would be going home.

Going to Texas, my home, and school will be hard. To pretend like nothing happened.

But I had to.

I wonder what my parents think happened to me?

Well I will worry about it when the time arises.

One other good thing, my head didn’t hurt and my visions were slowly coming back.

The first thing I saw was us driving down the highway, crossing the border into Texas. That’s why I knew we needed to go back.

I haven’t told Sara or Lydia they were back, because I didn’t know if they would be permanent.


We were back on the road, it was my turn to drive and we were in Utah, nearing Colorado. We were not going to stop, we would just keep switching. We were all anxious to get home, except Lydia. Since her parents work at the R.F.I., they would know everything. Sara said she could stay with her, but Lydia felt like she had to face them.


Sara was driving when we finally made it to Austin. We were going to her house first, mainly because we weren’t sure how long the drugs would last. Lydia was going to help; she would be able to calm Mr. and Mrs. Tyler down when they woke up. But I wouldn’t stay I needed to get home.


I said goodbye to Sara and Lydia, gave Sara a kiss and told her I would call her later tonight. And I thanked Lydia for helping these past few weeks.

Then I left to face my parents.


I walked in the door, they should be home. (Both of their cars were here).

“Hello?” I yelled,” mom, dad?”

“Robert!” my mom screeched from upstairs. I heard loud footsteps in the hallway above me. She was racing to me and then embraced me in a huge hug.

“Where have you been?” She said upset and angry. “We were worried sick. No phone calls, no note, nothing for 3 weeks. What were you thinking?”

Um…

“Well…” I started.

“Never mind, we need to tell your father,” she interrupted. “Roger! He’s sitting out in the yard. He has been there every day since you left, just sitting there. He has barely spoken to me.”

“Did the R.F.I. tell you nothing?” I asked.

“What? No, they said they hadn’t heard from you,” my mom was confused.

“Liars,” I mumbled to myself.

“Roger! Robert is home!”

My dad glanced up, shot me a look and ran to me.

Uh. Another hug.

Stupid R.F.I.


We went inside, sat in the living room.

My mom began, “now explain everything.”

No comments:

Post a Comment