10 January 2009

Brand New Day - Chapter 23

Chapter 23:

“What!” Lydia screamed.

I told her

1. That my visions came back.

2. That my last one had Sara being captured.

3. That she would be there running it.

“I know, I am freaking out too, okay. But we need to do something to make sure it doesn’t happen,” I said, trying somehow to calm her down.

“I would never do that to her,” she mumbled.

“I know,” I was getting impatient; I needed answers on what to do. And she was the only one who could help.


“So we will make sure on New Year’s Eve, that she is totally safe. I’m not sure yet on what to do, but somewhere, where there are no fireworks,” Lydia suggested.

“Okay, that sounds good,” I said, glad she was finally okay to think.

What if she is helping the R.F.I.? Could I really trust Lydia?

But I immediately put that out of my mind.

“You should probably go over and make sure she’s safe,” Lydia suggested.

“Okay.”


“So how are doing Robert. At the party last night, you looked totally freaked. What happened?” Sara questioned.

“Nothing, just felt a little sick was all, so I needed air.” I felt so bad for lying, but I felt I had to.

“Okay. Oh, my parents want you to come to dinner tomorrow night. Since you come here a lot, they want to sit down and get to know you. Is that okay?”

“Of course, I’d love to have dinner with you and your parents,” good it would mean more time to look after her.


It was the next day.

I wasn’t sure what to wear. I wanted to make a good impression.

I have already met them, but this was different.

I was really nervous.


I decided on the same outfit I wore on Sara and I’s first date. Hopefully it will be alright.


I arrived right when they told me to be there, 5:30 p.m.

“Come on in, Robert. Sara’s upstairs still getting ready. She’ll be down in a minute. Would you like something to drink,” Mrs. Tyler asked.

“I’ll just take a water,” I said.

“Okay, great, I’ll be back in a minute… make yourself comfortable,” she gestured to the couch.

I took a seat, feeling very uncomfortable. A minute later Mrs. Tyler was back with a glass, just as she said.

“Thank you,” I said.

“Well you’re very welcome,” she said pleasantly.

Mrs. Tyler was wearing one of her many floral dresses. (Sara told me it was like the only thing she wore). It was true; it was the only outfit I’d ever seen her in. She was also wearing an apron around her waist. It was seriously like looking at a ‘50’s housewife.

Mr. Tyler stalked in.

He had a long sleeve black turtle neck on, black trousers and black loafers.

They were such an odd couple.


We were having pasta primavera, with obviously no meat. (The entire family is vegetarian). Which is cool, I don’t mind not eating meat. I don’t like to in front of Sara anyway, I feel weird. So I was used to it.


The food was amazing.

But the conversation was a bit awkward. Like they were just asking me, if I had a job? Where do I want to go to college? What do I want to do? And that was basically it.


Sara and I walked back to my car.

“Sorry, that was a really weird dinner, I know,” she apologized.

“It’s alright, it was good anyway. At least I hope now your parents feel like they know me better,” I said.

“Of course they do,” she said sweetly.

We kissed goodnight and I got in my car and headed for home.

I hated leaving; I was so worried something would happen while I was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment